The considerable part of the exhibits made of ivory and also the glass-painting are the works that were made by the empress Maria who was a honored member of Berlin Academy of Medal Arts.
The museum has the collection of classic sculpture (Rome,1c. BC-2c. AD). In the painting collection there are the painting works of Dutch, Flemish and Spanish school of 17 c., Italian school of 16-18 c., French and German school of 17-18c. including the works of famous artists as Branzino, Albany, Renee, Ribera, Miniyar, Kaufmann, Mengce, Robert as well as works of Russian artists as Levitskiy, Borovikovskiy, Tshedrin, etc. The museum funds contain the collections of Russian landscape water-color paintings, some jewelry, some lace and the decorative embroidery and also the memorial things: the clothes of Royal family from Catherine II epoch to Nicholas II time, photos.
The museum is involved in collecting activities filling out the lacks of exhibits.
According to the museum calculation on 1.01.99 there are 32 126 units of keeping, among them -- 1456 paintings, 11897 drawings, 11773 decorative and applying art works.
The Museum Chef d'Oeuvres.
- A. Bronzino. Madonna and the Infant and John-Baptist, canvas, oil. Italy, 16c.
- G. Robert. Roman Fire, the collection of classic French memorials, canvas, oil. Roman, Triumphal bridge, canvas, oil, 1785-1786. The cycle of decorative panels that was ordered by Paul I in France(1782)
- "Ladies serves to Don-Quixote", "Don-Quixote and the Charmed Head". Weaving, wool, silk, France, Paris, the Royal Gobelin's Manufactory. Kozett's work according to Cuapel's sketch of 1776 and 1780 c.
- Toilet set. China, biscuit(unglazed pottery), colored enamel. France, Sevr, 1789
- Table-geridon. China, polychrome painting (Pavlovsk landscapes), guilded bronze, china caryatids according to Rashett's model. Russia, Saint-Petersburg, Imperial China Plant,1789
- Toilet set. China, biscuit, guilded. Russia, Saint-Petersburg, Imperial China Plant, 1801
- Washing set. Glass, guilded bronze. Russia, Saint-Petersburg, Imperial China Plant, Voronikhin's drawing, 1804
- Furniture set of the Front bedroom. Wood, carving, guild. Paris, France, Jacob's work, 1784
- Table-bureau. Mahogany, guilded bronze, ivory. Saint-Petersburg, Russia. Gambsa's work, Brenna's drawing, 1793
The museum archives.
The archives includes some historic information about palace objects: the facades and the halls; about the park objects and the park landscapes, the materials connected with the re-creation and the restoration of the museum objects: sketches, cartoons, patterns ( about 10 000 units of keeping).
A part of the archives is the photo archives: the collection of the negatives and of the photographs: the photos of the palace interiors, the park objects and the museum exhibits. There is the manuscript archives belonged to Imperial family (personal documents, letters) (about 1000 units of keeping).
It consists of the scientific and auxiliary fund, which has 13000 books about arts and history and also it consists of the rare book part which keeps the editions since 18c. (generally, in French and German language) from Paul's and Maria's collection.
Since 1995 the museum organizes the periodical scientific and practical conferences under the motto "Pavlovsk lectures" and it publishes the thesis collection under the same name. Please, call for the detailed information by tel. 470-2961.
Front apartments and ordinal apartments of 18-19c. (constantly)
Front apartments: Upper lobby, Italian and Greek halls, the Hall of War, Carpet study, Paul's library, Small study, Toilet room, Valets' room, the Hall of Peace, Library, Boudoir, Front bedroom, Toilet room , Maids' room (South suite of rooms of Maria's apartment ).
There are several halls in two passage studies from Maids' room, for imperial receptions: Picture Gallery, Throne Hall (Large Front dining-room), orchestra room, Knights' hall and the Church.
The ordinal apartments: Crimson study, Common study, New study, Corner living-room, White Dining-room, Room for the Billiard, Old Living-room and Dance Hall.
The Empress Maria's rooms (constantly)
The charming shelter of Paul's widow, who was the hospitable mistress of Pavlovsk, the patroness of arts, the artist. The ensemble includes the Secretary's room, the Pilaster(Big) study, the Study "The Torch", the Toilet room, the bedroom, the boudoir(the tent) and the Tent-Balcony facing Her Own Garden.
Russian living interior of 19 c. (constantly).
This unique museum composition is located on the 3 floor of the central palace body. It has the style of Russian noble country estates of 1800-1830, also it shows the look of a urban house of 1820-1860 and it demonstrates the environment of a luxuriant urban apartment of 1870-1900. There are the origin furniture, carpets, embroidery, china, bronze, also there is the Fine Arts collection belonged to the different periods of interior developing of 19 c.
The exhibition consists of the Entry room, the Secretary's room, the Portrait room, the Study stylized to 1810, the Dining-room, the Bedroom, the Study-Boudoir, the Living-room, the Young Man's study("Onegin's study"), Yellow and Gothic living-rooms, the Boudoir, the Toilet room and the Bedroom, Crimson study, the Study stylized to eighties of 19 c.("a collector's study"), the Dining-room in Russian style, the Living-room.
"With their work it was re-created", the exhibition
This exhibition is located in Kavalergardskaya (Horse-guardsman room) behind the Knights' hall till the summer 2000. The exhibition is dedicated to the re-creation of the palace after the destruction during the Second World War. There are the origin parts of the ancient palace decoration, drawings, water-color sketches for remaking the paintings of the artist and the restorer A. Treskin and also his picturesque portraits, different photo-documents.
Pavilion of Roses:
the historic interiors, the photo exhibition " The History of the Foundation and the Re-creation of the pavilion" (since June to September).
The flora and fauna in Pavlovsk park.
It's presented since June to September in the pavilion Cold Banya (bath-house).
Musical Vauxhall in Pavlovsk
n since June to September in the pavilion Temple of Friendship.
The Grand Mistress of Pavlovsk.
The exhibition is dedicated to 240th anniversary since the empress Maria's birthday. It was presented in October, 1999 and it will be available till September,2000. The exhibition includes every period of the empress's life as the happy mother of a numerous family and also it tells us about her activities as the patroness of arts. It presents the painting and miniature portraits, the drawings and the water-color works, archives documents, the empress's memorial things and the private things of her family, the art works that were made by the empress herself and a big variety of applying art items. A lot of museum items and documents are being presented for the first time.
In the museum there are book- and souvenir shops and the restaurant with European cuisine and a cafe. During the winter there are the chamber music concerts in Greek hall of the palace (every third Saturday of every month). During the summer the concerts are presented in the pavilions Round hall and Enclosure on Saturdays and Sundays, they start at 1p.m and 3p.m. The museum possesses the possibility to arrange the International congresses, the conferences, the symposiums. There is a concert hall of 180 seats equipped for demonstrating movies, slides and video films. It's possible to organize the symposiums in the front halls of the palace (Greek and Knights' halls). The participant quantity should not be more than 100 persons. Also they can be arranged in the dance hall of the Pavilion of Roses that can contain 300 persons. In the mentioned halls the installation of video and audio equipment is also available. All these halls can be used for the concerts, the chamber operas and for the ballets.
The prices can be agreed. For the detailed information, please, call by tel. 470-2155, 470-6536,470-6214.
The Museum Collections.
The palace interiors contain the unique art collections that were gathered by the first palace owners during their travelings upon Europe under the names of count and countess Severnie (1781-1782), and also there are the collections that were given as a gift by the crowned persons. The most famous gifts are the presents from Ludwig XVI, for example, the toilet set of Sever royal manufactory (approximately 80 items of blue china with gold and with biscuit (unglazed pottery) and colored enamel imitating the jewelry) or the carpets of Gobelin's and Savonnery's manufactory. There are extremely valuable things that were made on purpose for Pavlovsk palace: the dish set and the vases produced in Imperial China Plant, furniture sets made by Jacob, Roentgen, Gambse, the things made of Tulskaya steel or of Russian stones or of ivory and amber.