There are a few special exhibitions:
- "Democracy or Dictatorship? The political parties and Russian powwer from monarchy to Perestroika"
- "The souvenirs about future? Russia of 1917 and Russia of 1990"
- "They won the war"
- "The thoughts about Duma. The museum research of Russian parliamentarism in 20 c."
- "Business Russia: finance, bank business and free enterprise in 19-20 c."
- The memorable halls "Lenin's study" and "The room of Secretariat of Central Committee of Russian Social Democratical Party of Workers".
- The Children Historic Museum.
The introductory part discovers the history of political parties of 19c, the activities of revolutionary Decembrist organization, narodniks (the "National Will" organization was named "party" for the first time in Russia). In the period of 1905-1907 there were three main trends of the political parties -- the revolutionary trend (RSDRP and Socialists-Revolutioners); reformatory trend (Constitutional Democrats, Octobrists, etc.), and conservative trend ("RussianPeople Union").
The peculiar point of the exhibition is the printing-press. The political leaflets that are flying out around the hall prove: it's the printing media that is the most important means of influence on people minds and souls.
The unique "The comparative chart of Russian political parties" (by Velikhov) presents the detailed data about 22 parties and organizations that functioned the day before the election to the Constituent Assembly. Thanks to it the considerable part of population hoped to turn Russia into democratic country with multiple system of political parties. The dispersal of Constituent Assembly was the beginning of Civil War.
The materials of Kronshtadt rising (March, 1921) are presented from the new viewpoint as well as the materials about other struggles against the politics of "military communism" that had a slogan "All power -- to Soviets, not to parties".
Till the middle of twenties the parties were cancelled with the violent liquidation, their leaders and members were the first victims of total penalty.
The final part presents the processes of re-creation and development of party multiplicity at the end of 1980-ies and at the beginning of 1990-ies.